Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hot to Trot 8hr Run PRE-RACE MEAL







I decided on my mom's Grilled Salmon Marinade. I bought some fresh ginger root (which lasts forever in the freezer and defrosts very quickly). Marty grilled the salmon and the corn on the cob. We also had roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary and chives from my garden in addition to adamame (soy peas).

Recipe for the marinade:

small piece of ginger root (2-3 inch) peeled and chopped
about a teaspoon or so of chopped garlic (I use a lot)
1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
3 tablespoons of dry white wine or dry vermouth (I like wine)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
lots of lemon juice

In a ziplock bag, place cut up pieces of salmon, and used lemon wedges in the baggy. I like to marinate it for several hours but you don't need to for very long

Serve with more lemon wedges.



Roasted potatoes before going into the oven at 450 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment