Friday, February 10, 2012

Fast and Healthy Mahi Mahi dish


On this night, I had good intentions. I was going to create a pretty fancy dinner with the fresh mahi mahi fish that I bought from Whole Foods. I must admit, it was a little pricey-more than what I normally like to spend. Unfortunately, I just didn’t have the time to execute my fancy dinner. That happens.
This meal couldn’t have been easier and was tasty. The whole thing took no time at all. 
I preheated the oven to 450. Tossed the asparagus and baby yukon gold potatoes in a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Placed them in the oven and turned them once. They took about 15 minutes. On one side of the sheet pan, I had the asparagus. On the other side, I had the potatoes. It worked out nicely. I was worried the asparagus would get mushy but it didn’t. I think it’s very important for the potatoes to be really small or cut in half or quartered.

I preheated the grill pan and rubbed the mahi mahi with minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little bit of lemon juice. Grilled each side, about 5 minutes, and then covered with tin foil until ready to eat.
Then, I tossed some arugula with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Served the meal with lemon wedges for the mahi mahi. 

Easy and quick. And definitely healthy. Feel free to add tartar sauce, sour cream, or any other condiment that you'd like. But, for me, simple sometimes is just what I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment