Friday, December 31, 2010

Tangerine-Habanero Mojo Sauce

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/turkey-cutlets-black-beans-tangerine-habanero-mojo-sauce.aspx



My local Publix didn't have turkey cutlets but I think I would have preferred chicken cutlets anyway. I got lucky with ripe mangos AND ripe avocados at Publix yesterday so side dishes included mango salsa (jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes, mangos, salt) and guacomole (used half a habanero pepper, lime juice, salt, half a cup of chopped red onion). I could have stopped there but my big appetite led me to make basmati rice for a little extra carbs.

Don't be afraid of sliced garlic in the mojo sauce. The garlic was a lot milder after simmering with the tangerine and lime juice; same goes for the habanero pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment