Sunday, September 11, 2011

Polenta with Chicken Sausage and Peppers

I'm not going to post the recipe for this dish. It was mediocre. I added a few ingredients that I didn't care for and the flavor wasn't all that great. In fact, it gave me a little bit of heartburn.

 I'm practicing taking higher quality photos and still have a lot to learn.

On the back of the box of the polenta, there is a recipe for an appetizer of polenta, sausage and peppers. For a quick dish, brown some sliced chicken sausage, remove from the pan. Then, saute up some onions and peppers. Add herbs, tomatoes, or anything else that sounds good to you. Serve over a bowl of polenta.

You can add a variety of things to the actual polenta, such as fresh basil, parsley, spinach, parmesan cheese or even pretty much any other type of cheese that you like. Polenta is so versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment